Thursday 29 November 2012

The Conversation of Zeus and Ra

(Note: also posted in http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8748148/1)
Hi there! This is my first ever fanfiction, written for my own challenge, which is writing one page per day. This story comes from reading too much Kane Chronicles and Percy Jackson crossover. Grammar and spelling mistakes are fully my fault. On that happy note, happy reading! And reviewing!

Summary: A conversation between two strongest gods from two pantheons. Zeus/Jupiter from Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series. Ra from Rick Riordan’s The Kane Chronicles series. Oneshot.

“Hello Ra. How’s it going?” asked the man. He wore blue tailored suit. He had grey, long beard and hair. His eyes were electric blue. His powerful Lightning Bolt ready by his side.

“Hello Zeus. Not so bad,” said another man. He appeared to be the older of the two. His skins wrinkled from age, and his head was bald. He used a simple white robe. By his hips were his trusted Flail and Crook.

“It’s easy for you to say that.” Said Zeus, for he is the first man. “At least you didn’t have your grandmother trying to kill your grandchildren.” Ra cringed at the mention of his sister.

“I can’t tell how much I’m sorry for my sister’s behavior. She was always Father’s favourite.” Said Ra. “At least now I can tell you that he is away deep in the Duat. He won’t be bothering us for a few coming millennia.”

“Well, I can state the same too. You know, the Battle of Manhattan last summer?” said Zeus.

“Ah, yes. The second defeat of Kronos. I remember my feline friend, Bast, mentioned it some time ago. I do believe that this victory had been made possible by that Mortal son of Poseidon?” asked Ra.

“Don’t remind me of him.” rumbled Zeus. “He dares to turn down my generous offer of immortality, for my sake!”

“Don’t be ungrateful.” said Ra. “He’s done a great service for your pantheon.”

“And what’s worse, my wife said that we still need them!” Zeus continued, acting as if he didn’t listening Ra’s comment. Zeus then shifted to his Roman aspect. “And she insisted that I need to open Olympus! Who do you think she is?!” said Jupiter.

“Well, she is your wife” Said Ra.

“And I’m her husband!” countered Jupiter.

“An unfaithful one it seems.” said Ra.

“I’m not!” Jupiter quickly defended himself.

“Oh but you are.” Ra answered. “Just this generation, you’ve sired two children when you had that pack between you and your brothers. From the same mortal. With different aspects.”

“Well, the boy was born to my Roman aspect, so he doesn’t really count.” said Jupiter weakly. Ra just raised an eyebrow.

“Well, that was fun and all, but I think my wife called me. So, until next time.” Jupiter said. Then, with a blinding thunder and lightning, he vanished.

Ra smiled. “You’re brother is right. You’d do well as the god of Theater.” He then sighed. “That said, I’d better start my night journey.” With a twirl of his robes, he, too, vanished.

-FIN-


AN: Hmm, not too bad, don’t you think? Ra’s descriptions are based from his official art. I don’t have my Serpent’s Shadow copy, so I can’t remember whether  his appearance changed when he took Zia as his host or not. Once again, REVIEW PLEASE!!! 

No comments: